NIHR - MEC Fellowships
2 Open | 3 Closed
We’ve joined forces with the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Academy to offer a range of prestigious fellowships. The NIHR fellowships have been designed to support people at various points of their development and individuals with the potential and on a trajectory to become future leaders.
Moorfields Eye Charity is committed to investing in training and development opportunities, and these joint fellowships are a highlight programme. Working in partnership with the NIHR, we offer support from pre-doctoral through to PhD and up to pre-professorial level fellowships.
Why partner with Moorfields?
Moorfields Eye Charity’s mission is to support Moorfields Eye Hospital and its academic partner the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology to discover, develop and deliver the best eye care. Applying for one of our joint funded fellowships would allow you to benefit from being part of the prestigious NIHR network together with Moorfields Eye Hospital, the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology and Moorfields Eye Charity.
Moorfields Eye Hospital and UCL Institute of Ophthalmology constitute one of the world’s leading centres for eye health, vision research and training. Together they have been shown to be the most productive collaborative partnership in the world for vision research - and according to the 2017 Centre for World University Rankings, UCL is the best place in the world to study ophthalmology.
Key benefits of partnering with Moorfields
- Be based within a centre of world leading eye health research and care;
- Access to expertise from the NIHR Biomedical Research Centre at Moorfields, the NIHR Moorfields Clinical Research Facility and the INSIGHT HDR hub for eye health;
- Benefit from working with world leading experts from Moorfields Eye Hospital and UCL Institute of Ophthalmology;
- Access to a variety of grant funding schemes from Moorfields Eye Charity supporting bright young talent, including travel grants;
- Access to networking, career development, training and workshops at Moorfields Eye Hospital, UCL and Institute of Ophthalmology;
- Access to a large and varied patient demographic and rich ‘data library’;
- Enjoy a handy central London location.
About the NIHR
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) is the nation’s largest funder of health and care research and provide the people, facilities and technology that enables research to thrive.
Working in partnership with the NHS, universities, local government, other research funders, patients and the public, we deliver and enable world-class research that transforms people’s lives, promotes economic growth and advances science.