Terms and conditions
These website terms and conditions tell you the terms on which you may use our website. By using this site you are accepting our terms and conditions.
In the context of these terms and conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings:
- ‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘Moorfields Eye Charity’ means Moorfields Eye Charity a registered charity in England and Wales (1140697). Registered as a company in England & Wales (7543237). Registered address: 162 City Road, London, EC1V 2PD;
- ‘Website’ means any website under the ownership or control of Moorfields Eye Charity from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions;
- ‘Material’ means all of the information, data, text, graphics, links or computer code published on, contained or available on the website;
- ‘User’, ‘you’ means the individual, firm, company or organisation accessing the Website, registering for any events and/or making any donations.
2. Applicable terms and conditions
- The website is owned by Moorfields Eye Charity and any use made of the website (including registrations and donations and orders for goods or services made via the website), is subject to these terms and conditions.
- We may, at our sole discretion, modify or revise these terms and conditions at any time without notice by updating the text of this page.
3. Use of the website
1. Anyone is entitled to view any non-password protected parts of the Website and to use for their own purposes the information contained therein, provided:
- 1.1 it is used for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain;
- 1.2 any links created to the Website are notified to and approved by Moorfields Eye Charity before they are created;
- 1.3 no part of the Website is copied, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means to any third party without the written permission of Moorfields Eye Charity.
2. If you reproduce, copy, or link to our Website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use our Website will cease immediately, and you must, at our discretion, return or destroy any copies and remove any links.
4. Copyright and trade marks
- We are the owner or licensee or all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved
- Unauthorised use of the material including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written consent of Moorfields Eye Charity or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited.
- The names and logos of Moorfields Eye Charity and all related product and service names, designs marks and slogans are the trade names, service marks or trademarks of Moorfields Eye Charity and may not be used without the prior consent of Moorfields Eye Charity.
- All works in the nature of databases attract database rights.
5. Material on the website
- The website is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. Users should seek appropriate advice before taking or refraining from taking any action in reliance on any material contained in the website.
- Whilst we have taken every precaution in compiling the website neither we nor any contributors to the website can be held responsible for any action (or the lack thereof) taken by any person or organisation wherever they shall be based, as a result, direct or otherwise, of material contained in or accessed through the website.
- We may update our website and may change the content at any time. However, please note that the content of our site may be out of date at any time and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions, nor do we represent or warrant that the material accessible via the website is accurate, complete or correct.
6. Access to the website
- We do not guarantee that our website, or any material displayed on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
7. Limitation of liability
2. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
3. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
4. If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
5. If you are an individual user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
6. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
8. Third party websites
The website contains links to websites operated by parties other than Moorfields Eye Charity. Such links are provided for the user’s convenience only. Moorfields Eye Charity does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their content. Moorfields Eye Charity’s inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The user is solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites, and also the value and integrity of any goods and services offered by such websites.
9. Privacy and data protection
- Whilst Moorfields Eye Charity makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the website it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Therefore, we recommended that you take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the website and have your own virus software in place.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses or other malicious material or attempt to gain unlawful access to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
12. Online transactions
Moorfields Eye Charity reserves the right to vary event registration fees listed without notice. All event registrations and orders for goods or services are subject to availability and Moorfields Eye Charity reserves the right to refuse to accept any registration and to refuse to supply any goods or services to any individual.
Although the website uses encryption security software in areas where online payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained by any user who transmits information by means of email or other internet links shall be borne solely and exclusively by such user and in no event shall any such loss in whole or part be borne by Moorfields Eye Charity or its agents.
14. Force majeure
Moorfields Eye Charity shall not be held to be in breach of its obligations hereunder nor liable to the user for any loss or damage which may be suffered by another party due to any cause beyond its reasonable control including without limitation any act of God, fire, storm, flood, lightening, disease, strike, trade dispute, act of terrorism, any act or omission of government or regulatory bodies or communications operators.
- If any provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between Moorfields Eye Charity and the user and supersede all other (prior or contemporaneous) communications and proposals, whether electronic or written, between the User and Moorfields Eye Charity.
- Any failure of Moorfields Eye Charity to exercise or enforce any of its rights under these terms and conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such rights or operate so as to bar the subsequent exercise or enforcement or any such rights.
The terms and conditions and the use by the user of the website shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the website and/or any transactions made on the website, or these terms and conditions.
If you have any queries relating to these terms and conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7521 4614.