Become an engagement volunteer
We know how much our supporters value Moorfields and how much you want to help. We want to give you the chance to support us in any way you can.
That’s why we’re looking for enthusiastic engagement volunteers to help spread the word about the amazing work we do.
Our volunteer services are currently on hold due to government guidelines around coronavirus.
However, we are still processing applications and meeting people via video-call so please continue to contact us with any enquires and application forms. It is the perfect time to get ready for volunteering so that when services resume, you can hit the ground running!
By volunteering for us, you can support us with your time as well as through donations.
It also allows us to give something back - whether that’s the opportunity to learn new skills, gain experience in the charity sector or just join a warm and welcoming community and make some new friends.
Volunteering with us
We want your experience here at Moorfields Eye Charity to be engaging and fun.
As an engagement volunteer, you will be helping us interact with our supporters, chatting to the visitors to our charity hub about the amazing work we do supporting research, treatment and patient care at Moorfields.
It’s really been an exciting and humbling experience. There is nothing more rewarding than helping people recovering their sight, and volunteering with Moorfields Eye Charity is undoubtedly is a great opportunity to feel closer to the community and make a worthwhile contribution.
Niccolo, one of our volunteers
In return, we will do everything we can to help you get the most out of the experience: from giving you a full induction and training to just being there for a friendly chat, we’ll make sure you have everything you need.
As an engagement volunteer you might:
- Have a chat with visitors to our charity hub about the charity
- Tell people all about our fundraising events
- Support our friendly fundraising team at our City Road offices by helping create fundraising packs to send out to our event participants
- Join in the festive fun at Christmas by selling raffle tickets
- Cheer on our fabulous participants at events
If you can’t make a regular commitment, we also need volunteers :
- For the day at our annual Eye to Eye fundraising walk which takes place every March. You could be assisting our visually impaired participants round the course, handing our medals or helping to marshal the walkers.
- In November and December, you can join in with the festivities by helping us to sell raffle tickets in the hospital- it’s so much fun and it can get competitive with who can sell the most tickets!
Volunteering the perfect opportunity to get involved with the fantastic work we do, and to have a direct impact on how much we raise and the support we can offer to Moorfields Eye Hospital and the Institute of Ophthalmology.
I’m so excited for our volunteer programme. It’s a fantastic way for people to engage with the charity. The hospital offers it’s patients such amazing care, I’m sure many of them will want to give something back. We can’t wait to have you on board!
Holly Hollis, volunteer and supporter relations officer
Logistics and expenses
We need volunteers that can commit to at least a three hour shift two or three times a month, but if you can give us even more time that would be wonderful!
We can offer reasonable expenses for travel and for some longer shifts, and we can also cover your lunch.
Our current opportunities are only available at our City Road site. We are looking to expand and support our other Moorfields locations across London in the future. If you are interested in volunteering in a particular location, you can register your interest now and we will contact you when opportunities become available.