Our supporter promise
Your support is critical to our success. We want you to feel recognised and valued, and informed as to how your charitable support is helping shape the future of eye care.
That’s why we aim to provide you with the very best donor care. Our supporter promise outlines our commitment to all our supporters, as well as our commitment to being transparent and accountable to you in the way we work.
We value your donations
- We value every gift we receive, large and small, and seek to acknowledge and send thanks for all donations in a timely manner.
- We will be transparent about how we use your donations and we will always put your gift to work as quickly as we can.
We will keep you informed
- We will share with you how our charitable activities are contributing to new research and improvements in education and eye care at Moorfields Eye Hospital and their academic partner, the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology.
- We will tell you about how charitable donations are benefiting patients and people with sight problems further afield.
We respect your right to privacy
- We will rely on legitimate interest to send marketing materials by post.
- We may also communicate with you by post, email, text or telephone, in line with your preferences. If we phone you, we will always check first that you are happy to speak to us and that it is a convenient time to call.
- We will respect your wishes, so if you ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes we won’t, unless it’s a legal requirement.
- We only allow authorised agents who work on our behalf to access your personal data and will never exchange your details with, or sell or rent your data to, any other commercial or charitable organisations. Our Data Protection Policy details the ways in which the charity may process your data and how you can manage this.
- Further information on how we process data is available on request.
We will take accountability for our actions
- We will always take action if any external supplier acting on our behalf fails to meet our standards.
- When we get things wrong, we will be up front about our mistakes, apologise and act quickly to fix them.
Sharing your thoughts
We welcome any feedback from our supporters and encourage you to get in touch with us and share your thoughts.
We always strive for best practice in fundraising and we take complaints seriously. If you would like to make a formal complaint please see our complaints procedure.
We are a member of the Fundraising Regulator and regularly comply with all relevant laws including the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation 2003.
We also screen against the Fundraising Preference Service and the Telephone Preference Service where applicable.