Moorfields Eye Charity launched its strategy in November 2017, bringing together all aspects of its work in supporting Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and its research partner, University College London’s Institute of Ophthalmology.
The strategy for 2018-2024 sets out Moorfields Eye Charity’s core belief (‘people’s sight matters’) and its organisational purpose ('to support Moorfields to discover, develop and deliver the best eye care’).
Our strategy outlines five main objectives which include ambitions to:
- Develop a new research, education and clinical care centre in the Kings Cross/St Pancras area by 2024 in partnership with Moorfields Eye Hospital and UCL.
- Be the leading charity for research into eye health.
- Help Moorfields deliver outstanding patient care/experience.
- Encourage and share knowledge to develop tomorrow’s experts.
- Influence national policy to increase resources allocated to eye health.