Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has launched a new five year strategy bringing together all aspects of their work across clinical care, research and education.
The strategy for 2017-2022 sets out Moorfields’ core belief which is ‘people’s sight matters’ and gives clarity on a new organisational purpose to ‘work together to discover, develop and deliver the best eye care’.
To help explain what the new strategy is all about, Moorfields have created the following short video:
Robert Dufton, chief executive of Moorfields Eye Charity, said:
Our supporters tell us how important sight is, so to see Moorfields put their core belief of ‘people’s sight matters’ front and centre in their new strategy is fantastic. This is an exciting time for Moorfields and we look forward to working with them to discover, develop and deliver the best eye care over the next five years and beyond.
Moorfields’ strategy for 2017-2022 builds on their original ‘Vision of excellence’ strategy launched in 2012. It outlines eight objectives which includes the hospital's ambitions to:
- Pioneer patient-centred care with exceptional clinical outcomes and excellent patient experience.
- Be at the leading edge of research, making new discoveries with their partners and patients.
- Innovate by sharing knowledge and developing tomorrow’s experts.
The strategy also includes a number of new objectives:
- Collaborate to shape national policy including clinical and professional standards that impact its patients, staff and services.
- Have an infrastructure and culture that supports innovation which includes delivering against capital development projects such as the new research, education and clinical care centre in the Kings Cross/St Pancras area by 2024 in collaboration with UCL and Moorfields Eye Charity.
- Be enterprising to support and fund their ambitions by investing in our commercial activities both in the UK and overseas.
Following the launch of the trust's new strategy, Moorfields Eye Charity will be developing our own strategy, which we plan to publish in the autumn. Moorfields Eye Charity's new strategy will set out how we intend to maximise the value of our support for Moorfields Eye Hospital's work to ensure that Moorfields Eye Hospital and its research partner, the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, remain at the forefront of ophthalmic care and research.
Learn more about Moorfield's new strategy at moorfields.nhs.uk/moorfieldsvision