Staff, patients, friends and family members of patients, carers and volunteers submitted their nominations for star-quality individuals and teams who have gone over and above in their role. Over 400 nominations were received in total and this year a new category, volunteer of the year, was introduced to recognise the contribution volunteers across the trust make to patients, staff and the community spirit at Moorfields.
Judging panels, formed of representative staff from across the trust, met throughout January to shortlist the finalists. A judging panel of patients also convened to shortlist the finalists of the patient choice award category.
The winner of each award will be announced at Moorfields’ Stars awards ceremony, on Tuesday 6 March 2018.
Congratulations and good luck to all shortlisted finalists!
Moorfields' volunteer of the year
- William Davis, Friends of Moorfields volunteer
- Sylvia Jenkins, Friends of Moorfields volunteer
- The Friends of Moorfields shop, City Road
Patient choice award - individual
- Nicola Dunlop, nurse consultant
- Charlotte Fergie, paediatric staff nurse
- Kai Owens, clerical officer
Patient choice award - team
- Gill Adams and the paediatric and strabismus team
- Post operation observation bay
- Louisa Wickham and the vitreo-retinal team at St George's
Moorfields Eye Charity champion
- Flossie Donovan, play specialist
- Pete Jones, post-doctoral research associate, UCL Institute of Ophthalmology
- Mariya Moosajee, consultant ophthalmologist and senior lecturer
Moorfields Eye Charity award for innovation
- Shaun Kirupairatnam, applications designer
- Dawn Sim, consultant ophthalmic surgeon
- Vanguard team
Moorfields' team of the year
- Arts committee
- Ealing day care and theatre team
- Refractive laser nursing team
Moorfields' star of the year
- Julie Dolan, receptionist
- Ella Preston, intravitreal injection database coordinator
- David Sheridan, contact lens technician
- Paul Sullivan, consultant ophthalmologist
Please contact email@example.com or call us on 020 7599 2628 if you have any questions or require further information.