The RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects), Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, UCL (University College London) and Moorfields Eye Charity are pleased to announce the teams shortlisted to design a new joint eye care, research and education facility for Moorfields Eye Hospital and UCL Institute of Ophthalmology.
This follows the first phase of the ‘Competitive Procedure with Negotiation’ to select a multi-disciplinary design team.
The shortlisted teams are:
- AECOM Ltd with White Arkitekter AB & Penoyre and Prasad
- Bennetts Associates with Reiach & Hall, Buro Happold Engineering & Gustafson Porter + Bowman
- Hopkins Architects with Arup & Todd Longstaffe-Gowan Ltd
- Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners with Stantec, Arup, Gillespies, Speirs + Major & T Projects
- Ryder Architecture Ltd with Hawkins\Brown Architects, Spacehub Design Limited, Hoare Lea LLP, Rider Levett Bucknall UK Ltd & Ramboll UK Ltd
The proposed new facility will be flexible and modern, bringing together eye care, research and education for the first time, while being focused on patients and attracting and retaining the best ophthalmic scientists, educators and clinicians.
Robert Dufton, chief executive of Moorfields Eye Charity said:
Moorfields Eye Charity is delighted at the quality of shortlisted teams in this exciting project. We are pleased to work with our partners and valued donors, raising funds to support the development of this world-class facility.
Patients, staff and other stakeholders will have the opportunity to review and provide their feedback on the preliminary design proposals at an exhibition in late November 2018. This feedback will inform the evaluation panel.
The shortlisted teams will now start on their design proposals and the winner will be announced in December 2018.
For more information, please contact: Julia Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org).